Primary Focus & Experience
Remi is experienced in all aspects of private client matters including the drafting of complex wills, probate and estate administration including cross-border, trust drafting and administration, inheritance tax planning for UK and international clients, lasting powers of attorney, deputyship and other Court of Protection applications.
Remi is used to dealing with high-value estates and has acted for wealthy individuals and families, majority of whom are referred to her by private banks and independent financial advisors, with respect to their estate planning matters and needs.
She is also an accredited mediator and specialises in inheritance disputes in her mediation practice.
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Featured in Legal 500 for her private client practice.
- Member of STEP, where she has served as a branch chairman, council member and sat on the membership committee.
- Lectures and speaks widely on private client matters.
- Author of “Making a Will” a best-seller on Amazon on its launch. Available here.
- Contributor to the professional press, often called upon to discuss issues around inheritance tax and wills.
Reviews of Making a Will:
“I did not really know where to start but this book takes each issue one at a time and provides a super-clear, step-by-step guide. Exactly what I needed.“
“It was easy to read and made sense of what is often considered a complicated topic.“
“Remi is a leading expert in her field and is gifted with a unique ability to communicate technical ideas and knowledge in a user-friendly and understandable manner; if you want a Will that can protect wealth for your loved ones then buy this superb book.“
- Private Client Section of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Society of Will Writers
- Society for Advanced Legal Studies (SALS)
- Civil Mediation Council
- Advised a prominent high net worth British family residing in Lebanon with respect to will drafting and personal matters, employing sophisticated techniques to ensure asset protection provisions for the family and progressive wealth distribution. Liaised with said client’s Lebanese lawyer on English law aspects of the law pertaining to the client’s Lebanese will.
- Drafted a trust for a client that ensured her commercial property, was ringfenced in a trust for her daughter who is in a precarious marriage, thereby protecting her family from unnecessary future disputes, and creating a loan agreement for funding the development of the property through a loan to the trustees.
- Represented a client in a complex probate case involving property in Barbados. The distribution involved 12 beneficiaries in four separate countries. The deceased was also the beneficiary of another undistributed estate, which included choice St Lucia property, where the executors were trying to sell the land to family members at well under its market value. The transfer was stopped through legal action in St Lucia courts forcing the executors of that estate to sell the property on the open market thereby thwarting their attempt to defraud the estate.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LL.B. Hons), University of London
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of London
- Barrister, of Lincoln’s Inn,
- Accredited Mediator, University College London in association with Regents University
- Solicitor-Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
Family Wealth UK website
Remi is the founder and editor of FamilyWealthUK.com, a free website that provides information and resources on wealth issues. Visit the website here.
Your Family Wealth YouTube show
Remi is the host of this new YouTube show which deals with all things related to wealth planning, wealth protection and wealth transfer. Subscribe to the channel here.