Remi is experienced in all aspects of private client matters including estate planning, setting up family trusts, offshore trusts, charity trusts, probate and estate administration, inheritance tax planning for UK and international clients, lasting powers of attorney and deputyship applications.
Remi is also an accredited mediator, specialising in settling inheritance disputes. Click here to learn more about her psychotherapeutic brand of mediation, which can help resolve inheritance disputes quickly and effectively and help heal family rifts.
Remi has been advising clients in wills and estate planning for over 20 years during which time she has created wills for thousands of clients and saved her clients over £100m in inheritance tax. For Remi, making a will is not just about drawing up a document that says what you want to happen to your assets. It is about creating a complete plan for protecting your wealth for future generations. It is about planning your legacy, whether it is about making sure your family is properly provided for after your death, ensuring that inheritance tax does not erode the value of your estate, preserving family unity by reducing the chances of your will being challenged, protecting family heirlooms from future in-laws or putting in place the right succession plan for your family business.
You may also want to ensure that the correct people will be given control of your personal and business affairs if you lose mental capacity. Or it may be that you have some specific philanthropic goals you want to achieve through your will. It’s your legacy. And it’s Remi’s job to create the plan for delivering that legacy to those you intend.
Remi’s clients include successful professionals, company executives, celebrities and wealthy individuals and international clients with cross border estates. Remi also works with high net worth individuals, families and business owners to create a bespoke plan for protecting the family wealth and ensuring the successful transfer of wealth to future generations.
- Featured in Legal 500 for her private client practice.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), where she has served as a branch chairman, council and membership committee member. STEP is the global professional association for those advising families across generations. Their mission is “to inspire confidence in families planning their assets across generations by setting and upholding high professional standards, informing public policy, promoting education, and connecting practitioners globally to share knowledge and best practice.”
- Author of the Amazon bestseller, “Making a Will” which is available here. Lectures and speaks widely on private client matters.
- Contributor to the professional press and often called upon to discuss issues around wills and estate planning.
- Named Private Client Lawyer of the Year 2021 by SME News. According to SME News: “Our judging panel and research team take into consideration the commitment, excellence, and determination shown within this competitive market, and have determined that you provide an exemplary legal service which is deserving of our recognition.”
Reviews of Making a Will:
“I did not really know where to start but this book takes each issue one at a time and provides a super-clear, step-by-step guide. Exactly what I needed.“
“It was easy to read and made sense of what is often considered a complicated topic.“
“Remi is a leading expert in her field and is gifted with a unique ability to communicate technical ideas and knowledge in a user-friendly and understandable manner; if you want a Will that can protect wealth for your loved ones then buy this superb book.“
- Private Client Section of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Society of Will Writers
- Society for Advanced Legal Studies (SALS)
- Civil Mediation Council